Key West technicians are highly experienced in tackling bedbug problems at every scale,
in both domestic and commercial settings, with a range of effective and affordable bedbug infestation treatments.
Bedbug Problem? No Problem, call Key West today.
- Bedbugs (Cimex Lectularius)
- Bed Bugs can be transported on clothing, in luggage, bedding and furniture but are very rarely found on hosts.
- They can ingest 7 times their body weight in blood.
- This enables them to go for prolonged periods without feeding.
- The adults are highly resistant to starvation (up to one year) and low temperatures so thorough treatments of surrounding areas must be carried out.
- If your home or business has a bedbug problem, its important that bedbug infestation treatments are deployed sooner rather than later.
- The eggs are tiny and hard to see with a white cap
- Adults – around 6mm their bodies are oval and flattened.
- Recently fed they will then change to a red – brown colour.
- They have piercing mouth-parts adapted for sucking, simple antennae, legs and claws for clinging on to hosts, whilst feeding.
Well, the clue is in the name, but bedbugs can also be found in any number of other places.
Bed frames and headboards, carpets and underlay, skirting boards, between floorboards, inside electrical sockets, draws and cupboards are just some of the places these sneaky pests may be hiding.
Look out for dark stains on the mattress and surrounding areas, be on your guard for their signature sweet and sickly scent and look out for little dark blood spots on the bedding. Though small (4-5mm), it’s not uncommon to actually spot one of the little beasts themselves.
While this a pest associated with the bedroom and our homes, where there are people, there could be bedbugs, and so these pests are an issue for businesses of all kinds, not just those in the Hospitality industry.
For Homeowners, in addition to keeping your mattress and bedding clean, there are a number of preventative steps to take, so you never have to share your bed with one of these bugs.
Ensure all second-hand furniture has been checked over closely before it enters the home, and if you’ve stayed in accommodation you think may have suffered an infestation of bedbugs, fumigate any clothes worn or possessions taken before entering your home.
Washing and drying clothes at the highest possible temperatures, eliminating clutter and vacuuming regularly, can greatly reduce the chance of a bedbug infestation, or reduce the size of an existing infestation considerably.
If you spot any sign of bedbugs in your home or business, we suggest using one of the many DIY products available, before immediately calling us.
For businesses in the Hospitality industry, work with Key West to prevent pest activity and protect your customers and reputation, with our Pest Protection Programmes, offering regular visits to enable us to inspect your property, provide preventative maintenance and deploy any necessary treatments.
For highly effective and affordable bedbug infestation treatments, call Key West. Our experienced technicians are at hand to return your home or business to its pest-free state, and restore your peace of mind.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have a pest problem? We can help! Get in touch either using our from or our details below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Unit 2, Griffin House,
Station Road, Morley, Leeds LS27 8JW
GET A FREE CALL OUT OR CALL BACK
LET US PROTECT YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
At Key West Pest Control, we understand that both residential and commercial pest control issues need to be dealt with immediately in order for your home or business to continue running smoothly.
NEED COMMERCIAL HYGIENE SERVICES?
Introducing Key West Hygiene Services, our new sister-company!
Offering an extensive suite of 100% tailored commercial hygiene services to businesses across Yorkshire, whether you’re looking for Washroom Services, Waste Management, Covid-19 Hygiene Services, or all three, we can help.