FLEA INFESTATION TREATMENTS?
Key West technicians are highly experienced in tackling flea problems at every scale,
in both domestic and commercial settings, with a range of effective and affordable flea infestation treatments.
Flea Problem? No Problem, call Key West today.
- Cat Flea (Ctenocephalidesfelis)
- Dog Flea (Ctenocephalidescanis)
- Human Flea (Pulexirritans)
- Bird Flea (Ceratophyllusgall)
- Wall-to-wall carpeting provides a relatively undisturbed environment for flea larvae to develop, whilst central heating has served to ensure the ideal temperature conditions.
- Irritation and allergic reactions can be cause from bites. Scientists believe that fleas were the cause of the plague being transferred to humans back in 1665.
- Fleas can be vectors of disease or may transmit parasitic worms which can sometimes be transmitted to humans.
- If your home or business has a flea problem, its important that flea infestation treatments are deployed sooner rather than later.
- Length: Around 2mm.
- Compressed flattened bodies with over lapping toughened plates.
- Long well developed hind legs for jumping.
- Greyish through to dark mahogany in colour.
- Mouthparts adapted to piercing and sucking with small eyes and they are covered with backward-directed bristles and spines.
Today, infestations of Fleas are caused predominately by our pets. Before you can prevent or treat an infestation of fleas, it’s important to be able to identify any signs of them.
Check your pet’s coat, the hind-quarters of your dog and the head and neck of your cat for signs of the reddy-brown critter. Checking their skin for fine black dropping or “flea dirt” is also an easy to way to spot these pests. Using a flea comb over a white sheet of paper is an easy way to identify “flea dirt” and the pesky things behind it.
Though fleas are a pest commonly associated to our pets, and therefore our homes, these pests enter businesses aboard employees, spreading the problem further.
To prevent Flea infestations, properties should be vacuumed regularly, and for homeowners, it’s essential to regularly wash pet bedding to a temperature of 50 degrees or over. It’s also key to check your pets with a flea comb regularly, and when moving into a new home or business space, ensure you inspect carpets and flooring, to ensure the previous tenants haven’t left you any creepy crawly surprises.
For a highly effective and affordable flea infestation treatments, call Key West. Our experienced technicians are at hand to return your home or business to its pest-free state, and restore your peace of mind.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have a pest problem? We can help! Get in touch either using our from or our details below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Unit 2, Griffin House,
Station Road, Morley, Leeds LS27 8JW
GET A FREE CALL OUT OR CALL BACK
LET US PROTECT YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
At Key West Pest Control, we understand that both residential and commercial pest control issues need to be dealt with immediately in order for your home or business to continue running smoothly.
NEED COMMERCIAL HYGIENE SERVICES?
Introducing Key West Hygiene Services, our new sister-company!
Offering an extensive suite of 100% tailored commercial hygiene services to businesses across Yorkshire, whether you’re looking for Washroom Services, Waste Management, Covid-19 Hygiene Services, or all three, we can help.