Due to expansion, we are looking for a Pest Control Technician for our growing Yorkshire-based business.
If you have no former experience in the world of pest control, full training will be provided by our experienced team, however field experience of self-planning is essential.
The successful candidate will be highly customer focused and accustomed to working autonomously, as these skills will be required while carrying out both pest prevention works and when treating infestations of pests and vermin. You will have a range of experience of self-planning and be able to draw on this to assist you in this pest control technician job.
The role will involve working from people’s homes to restaurants, offices, warehouses, or farms primarily in Yorkshire, however some further travel may be required. You will also be required to use a range of chemicals and equipment to deal with insect pests and vertebrate pests.
Weekend and evening cover is a necessity of any pest control technician job, but our work of this nature is scheduled on a rota basis.
The company also provides hygiene services, and from time to time you will be expected to assist in this area, where your responsibilities will be to service and replenish washrooms.
Experience & Skills Required
• Must have field experience of self-planning
• Accustomed in liaising with customers
• Good verbal communication skills
• Experienced in handling of chemicals
• Ability to plan and prioritise workload
• Physically fit and good eyesight
• Ability to cope with unpleasant sights and smells
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Education – GCSE English & Maths Grade C & above
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Awareness of Health and Safety and the Environment
• Basic Maths for measuring and calculating pesticides
The Role – Pest Control Technician Job Breakdown –
• Investigating and identifying pests and how they are gaining access
• Choosing the most suitable way of controlling the pest
• Spraying chemicals to get rid of insects (‘fumigation’)
• Proofing an area to stop pests returning
• Advising people how to prevent further infestation
• Completing reports and keeping records
• Following strict procedures for handling and storing pesticides
• Ensuring that washrooms are cleaned and sanitised to the highest standards
• Providing a hygiene waste disposal service
• Maintaining Health and Safety standards
• Coaching staff
• Ensuring equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored correctly
• Starting salary £22,500
• Location: Yorkshire Area
• Company van and mobile telephone
• Ongoing training and development
To apply for this role, please apply with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key West Pest Control will assess your suitability for this pest control technician job, based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however, encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
By applying for this role, you give consent for your CV to be retained by Key West pest control.